This is what I wrote to convince leaders about the benefits of good food at work and to support employees with an awesome 19 points bulleted list for when they go to their founders to ask for better wellbeing, food, and happiness initiatives in their organizations. This list also explains the thinking behind what I do at WE Factory.
It’s a work in progress. So make sure to return from time to time.
19 Reasons to Eat Well at Work
- Because you know you’ll feel better
- Because eating well is…well do you a reason?
- Because of your colleagues. Meet them in front of a dish of pasta
- Because your desk needs some alone time. Do it for your desk!
- Because there’s nothing better than a banana when you’re low in energy
- Because your keyboard can’t stand the company of your sandwich breadcrumbs
- Because you’ll perform better at work
- Because you can do it both alone and with your team
- Because your future self will thank you
- Because it prevents diabetes
- Because of creativity
- Because there’s nothing more fulfilling than kneading a loaf of bread
- Because it prevents chronic diseases
- Because you don’t need an excuse to check out the new eatery behind the corner, the street food truck that parks in front of your office building or your mum’s food
- Because teams work better
- Because it improves your mood
- Because it fuels your workout
- Because you want to work somewhere nice
- Because “It’s fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That’s what human life is all about – enjoying things.” – Julia Child
(Updated on 12.04.2019)